With all of the architecture and engineering industry-related content published on this blog in September, 2019, it's easy to let some important articles slip through the cracks, and get lost in the clutter. In an effort to keep you up-to-date on the hottest topics, PSMJ has compiled a list of our top ten most-viewed blog posts from last month.
10. 5 Typical PM Mistakes … and How to Fix Them – Here are five common project management mistakes and how project managers at architecture and engineering firms can fix them.
9. The Characteristics of Effective Project Teams – There are good teams and poor project teams in every architecture or engineering firm. Everyone wants to be on the good teams and off the bad. But what makes some good and others poor?
8. How to Make the Best Valuation of Your Firm – Small architecture and engineering firms owners are likely to be fielding offers again. So if you've been thinking of cashing in, it may be a good time to get a valuation. Also, beware of lowball offers.
6. Recent A/E/C Mergers and Acquisitions In the News – Here’s a recap of some of the latest A/E/C mergers and acquisitions that have been announced in recent weeks.
5. 20 Ways to Overcome Project Problems – No matter how carefully you plan your project and protect yourself against the possibilities of trouble, problems will arise. You will fall behind schedule, or you will run over budget.
4. Big Strategic Goals Need Solid Strategic Plans – Sound business and growth strategy starts with a sound strategic plan. With this being the season for strategic planning, we’ve got some tips for getting it right before you go jumping head-first into any major investment or growth initiative. So many strategic planning sessions go badly due to poor organization and meetings that veer off of the agenda.
3. Ten Characteristics of A Good Schedule – Is it really critical that an architecture or engineering project manager have a project schedule? Most clients and design firms will probably answer the question with “You must be kidding! Of course, you need a schedule, and a good one at that.
2. Intellectual Property Rights: What Architects Need to Know – Architectural ideas are intellectual property just as much as a novel is the intellectual property of its author. In fact, one of Congress’s most important responsibilities is “to promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries,” as stated in Article I, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution.
1. 10 Ways Your Firm Can Benefit from a Strategic Alliance– Forming a strategic alliance isn’t a walk in the park, but when it’s planned correctly and the parties commit the right level of leadership and resources, you can win work that was previously out of reach.
Thank you contributing to the growth of the PSMJ A/E/C Pulse blog in September 2019! For an archived list of our past blog posts, click HERE. We look forward to continuing to bring you powerful tips and top news from the A/E/C industry.
Thank you for reading!
Now its your turn: We invite you to submit a blog post on any hot topic related to the A/E/C industry.