Align Pricing with Your BUSINESS Strategy: Turn Your Competitive Advantages into Maximum Returns
Make 2020 the year you make smart moves to overhaul your pricing structure and align it with your business strategy -- and reap outsized rewards. In this opening module, you learn how to identify your firm’s differentiators and adapt them to current economic and market conditions. Plus, steps for choosing the right contract type to leverage your firm’s greatest strengths.
- How to put your A/E/C pricing strategy in line with the latest market data
- What’s happening with our clients, in our industry, and within our firms
- 5 forces that determine your best contract type – and how to choose the right one for every project
- 5 characteristics of true differentiators you should use to stand above your competition
- Case study: The final piece in a pricing strategy puzzle
Align Pricing with Your MARKETING Strategy: How to Identify and Chase the Right Clients
Are you wasting time on business development efforts that have a low upside? Does your pricing model and potential client pool have sufficient overlap to win the work your firm needs to thrive? We’ll use case-studies to illustrate how to refine your marketing strategy, target projects with success criteria, and keep BD and contract negotiation teams on the same page. Plus, learn how to filter opportunities and pursue the ones with the greatest chance to succeed.
- Fundamentals of your winning A/E/C marketing strategy
- Targeting clients vs. targeting projects
- Case study: Applying pricing strategy to a proposal
- 5 red flag warning signs for clients you should avoid at all costs
- Case study: Developing a pricing strategy that compliments the marketing team’s mission
Pricing Tactics that Win Better Projects: Increase Fees And Watch Profits Soar
Raise prices or not – a question that vexes A/E/C principals. Learn how to determine the effect of a fee increase, and how to apply your competitive advantages to price your projects effectively. You’ll gain a proven approach that both increases your labor multipliers and reduces your accounts receivables, and matched with the right contract type, maximizes your profits.
- How to price on value and manage on cost
- How to leverage the most profitable terms in various contract types
- A/E/C billing rates & multipliers: Components, industry standards, and benchmarks
- Pricing a project effectively
- Twelve tactics for raising fees
Secrets of the Best A/E/C Negotiators: 8 Ways to Get Paid What You Deserve
Everyone wants win-win conclusions to contract negotiations – but how do you get yourself, and the client, and your subconsultants, across that finish line? Through interactive exercises, this practical session shows you how to apply killer negotiation strategies, avoid common mistakes when asked to lower fees, and spot opportunities for flexibility within typical A/E/C contracts.
- Types of negotiating styles – which are you using now … and which should you be?
- How to negotiate concerns, not positions, to get both sides on the right track
- Negotiating on offense
- How to avoid getting squeezed between clients and subconsultants
- Using ‘Cheap Currencies’ in the negotiating process
- Eight primary negotiation factors
Proven Practices for Protecting Your Profits: Bulletproof Contract Terms that STOP Unpaid Work and Reduce Risk
While scope creep can crush profitability, it can also open a door to increased compensation for required work. Learn a six-step process proven to maximize returns on change orders and the value you deliver to clients. Plus, discover the contract terms that manage risk and position you for the greatest financial success.
- Scope creep and change orders – how can you turn to your advantage?
- Plusses and minuses with pay for performance terms
- 7 tips for making more money with contract terms
- Twelve rules for negotiating what you want
- Managing your risk
- Seventeen items to add to your contracts
- Implementing what you’ve learned in this online master class