Lattes, Puppies, and Unlimited Vacation: Attracting, Retaining, and Empowering Millennial Design Firm Professionals
Publisher: PSMJ Resources, Inc.
Date Published: 2018
Number of Pages: 274
Format: Hardcopy & PDF
Baby Boomer executives and Generation Xer managers who successfully engage and channel the energy, creativity, and technology-savvy of Millennials will not only ensure this segment of their workforce does it better than those before them, but will guarantee that these young professionals will help those around them meet and exceed business challenges.
"They combine the teamwork ethic of the Boomers with the can-do attitude of the veterans and the technological savvy of the Xers. At first glance, and even at second glance, (Millennials) may be the ideal workforce and ideal citizens."
- Ron Zemke, Claire Raines, and Bob Filipczak Generations at Work.
In the latest edition of Lattes, Puppies, and Unlimited Vacation: Attracting, Retaining, and Empowering Millennial Design Firm Professionals, author Tim Griffin updates his 2009 ground-breaking Winning with Millennials, providing new and better insights into the generation that:
- Continually search for new opportunities—81% are actively looking for a new job
- Regard less than one year on the job as determination—25% say staying 7 months means loyalty
- Plan their exits well in advance—41% expect to be in their current job for only two years or less
Learn how to leverage the tremendous drive and energy of the generation coming out of today’s colleges and universities. and how to transform your firm into one that will both attract young professionals and provide an environment where they can thrive and contribute.
This new edition not only tackles the question of how to prepare Millennials for firm leadership and ownership, but also features testimonials from this next generation of design professionals on how your firm can inspire and lead them for success. You also learn how to prepare them to meet challenges and achieve not only the firm’s goals, but their own.
With a great store of experience, Griffin captures and explains what it takes to work beside the next generation of architecture and engineering firm professionals. He explores how to:
- Deliver a training and mentoring culture—instruction that is on-the-spot, brown-bag training, and relevant experiences
- Maximize your delegation strategy—let go of work, trust your staff, and focus on the big picture
- Learn from successful firms … new hires and technology, planning for ownership transition, and more
Stop spinning your wheels trying to lead and inspire. Lattes, Puppies, and Unlimited Vacation: Attracting, Retaining, and Empowering Millennial Design Firm Professionals offers a winning strategy for you and your A/E firm leaders to reap the rewards.
To hear Tim Griffin talk about Millennials in today's workplace, listen to the PSMJ Podcast below.