PSMJ Resources, Inc. is the worldwide leader in business data, research, and advice for architecture, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) firm executives. Our mission is completely focused on helping A/E/C executives to achieve their mission and we do that through industry-leading research and data products, seminars and conferences, and advisory services.
An internship with PSMJ is a great way to gain exposure to a fast-moving entrepreneurial team and learn valuable skills to stand out from the crowd. Specific current paid internship opportunities include:
Mergers & Acquisitions Analyst - In Person, Summer Only
In this role, specific responsibilities will include:
• Conducting research through multiple channels to produce sets of potential buyers and sellers based on various criteria, while simultaneously building database of buyers/sellers in the marketplace.
• Performing phone and email outreach to potential buyers and sellers to gauge interest and fit levels on behalf of our M&A clients.
• Preparing client deliverables such as target sourcing reports, Confidential Information Memorandums, project status reports, etc.
• Managing the initial Non-Disclosure Agreement execution process and information exchange with clients and potential sellers or buyers.
• Enhancing and improving our database of potential buyers and sellers through consultant referrals, internet searches, and other sources.
• Monitoring announcements of closed deals to get the latest insight on buyer appetites, input that intelligence into our database, and scan for potential seller matches.
• Assisting on other projects as needed, such as preparing proposals, invoices, etc.
The successful M&A Analyst will combine a passion for helping our clients along with equal parts attention to detail and persistence. Other specific skills that we look for in the right candidate include:
• Market research or other business management experience.
• Database development and management experience.
• Web-based search and market research experience.
• Client and prospect communications skills for phone and email communications.
• Self-starter with a proactive attitude to accomplish company mission
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines with top-quality work.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Basic accounting knowledge is a plus.
• Salesforce.com experience is a plus.
• Architecture/Engineering/Construction industry experience is a plus.
Digital Marketing Analytics:
Digital marketing is a critical element to our marketing mix. From social media to paid search to organic content, we need to stay on top of the latest trends, what is generating engagement, and how to deliver an outsized return on our investment. In this role, you will be studying our current digital marketing strategy, developing recommendations, and testing those recommendations to drive improvement.
Market Research Development:
Any successful business stays close to its customers. That is often the best source for new product ideas and innovation. In this role, you will be conducting market research to uncover our customers unmet needs and where we can pivot or focus product development investments. You will be gathering data, presenting it, and helping to develop actionable strategies as a result of it.
Membership Community Development:
Our PSMJ PRO membership community of 1,000+ A/E/C executives focused on better business performance. In this role, you collaborate with our membership management team to find ways to better serve and grow the membership community. This will include a diverse mix of marketing strategy, web analytics, content development, and more.
Internships can be:
Held during the Winter, Spring or Summer Semesters
Hybrid, Virtual or In-Office (Newton Headquarters)
Questions? Contact Arash Boostani at aboostani@PSMJ.com