With all of the A/E/C industry-related content published on this blog in April 2019, it's easy to let some important articles slip through the cracks, and get lost in the clutter. In an effort to keep you up-to-date on the hottest topics, PSMJ has compiled a list of our top ten most-viewed blog posts from last month.
10. 8 Questions to Ask After You Win A Project – It’s fairly common practice for architecture and engineering firms to request a debriefing from potential clients after submitting a losing proposal. This makes sense.
9. I am not a Barbarian – Anyone who has seen the 1993 film, Barbarians at the Gate, probably has an indelibly etched picture in their mind about mergers & acquisitions and the people who are engaged in the process.
8. How to Make the Best Valuation of Your Firm – Small architecture and engineering firms owners are likely to be fielding offers again. So if you've been thinking of cashing in, it may be a good time to get a valuation. Also, beware of low-ball offers.
7. Where Do the Hottest Architects and Engineers Want to Work in 2019? – PSMJ Resources, Inc. is now accepting entries for the A/E/C Employer of Choice® Award, the industry’s first recognition of firms that are winning employee recruitment and retention battles by achieving superior levels of worker engagement.
6. 20 Ways to Overcome Project Problems – No matter how carefully you plan your project and protect yourself against the possibilities of trouble, problems will arise. You will fall behind schedule, or you will run over budget.
5. Should Your Firm Have an Unlimited Vacation Policy? – If you’re like most architecture/engineering (A/E) firms, you allow each employee somewhere between 10 and 20 vacation days (2-4 weeks) per year, depending on their seniority (and how generous your policy is).
4. 10 Ways Your Firm Can Benefit from a Strategic Alliance – Forming a strategic alliance isn’t a walk in the park, but when it’s planned correctly and the parties commit the right level of leadership and resources, you can win work that was previously out of reach.
3. The Latest A/E/C Mergers and Acquisitions Making Headlines – Here’s a recap of some of the latest A/E/C mergers and acquisitions that have been announced in recent weeks.
2. Intellectual Property Rights: What Architects Need to Know – Architectural ideas are intellectual property just as much as a novel is the intellectual property of its author. In fact, one of Congress’s most important responsibilities is “to promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries,” as stated in Article I, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution.
1. Ten Characteristics of A Good Schedule – Is it really critical that an architecture or engineering project manager have a project schedule? Most clients and design firms will probably answer the question with “You must be kidding! Of course, you need a schedule, and a good one at that.
Thank you contributing to the growth of the PSMJ A/E/C Pulse blog in April 2019! For an archived list of our past blog posts, click HERE. We look forward to continuing to bring you powerful tips and top news from the A/E/C industry.
Thank you for reading!
Now its your turn: We invite you to submit a blog post on any hot topic related to the A/E/C industry.